Waterwise Conference 2020: Climate Emergency
We are delighted to officially invite you to the 2020 Waterwise Conference. This year’s Conference ‘Climate Emergency and Water Efficiency’ will be held in London on 17th and 18th March 2020.
The Waterwise Conference has been the major national water efficiency event in the UK since 2007. Environment Agency Chief Executive Sir James Bevan opened the 2019 conference with his now infamous ‘Jaws of Death’ speech, and the Waterwise Conference was all over the national news!
Following the declaration of a climate emergency by the UK Parliament, the Scottish and Welsh Governments and three councils in Northern Ireland this year, and building on public interest and concern, we’ve chosen that theme for our conference. Water is where the climate emergency will be felt, so it’s a very important link. Conference sessions will look at the challenge of climate change with respect to water; mitigation and adaptation in homes and businesses; industry best practice – and how to deliver a water-saving culture. As well as contributions from a number of rising stars from within and outside the water sector and across the UK, we are delighted to announce a wide variety of high-level speakers, including
- Chris Stark, Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Rebecca Pow MP, Minister for the Environment, Defra
- Rachel Fletcher, Chief Executive, Ofwat
- Luke Pollard MP, Shadow Environment Secretary
- Peter Simpson, Chief Executive, Anglian Water
- Sarah McMath, Chief Executive, MOSL
- Toby Willison, Executive Director of Operations, Environment Agency
- Nicci Russell, Managing Director, Waterwise
- Alison Brown, Senior Manager, Development, Clyde Gateway
- Philip Sellwood, Chief Executive, Energy Saving Trust
- Bridget Smith, Leader, South Cambs Council
- Chris Philpot, Chief Executive, Smart Approved WaterMark (Australia)
- Craig Bennett, Chief Executive, Friends of the Earth
- Jess Cook, Project Development Manager (Water Poverty), National Energy Action
- Janet Manning, Water Management Specialist, Royal Horticultural Society
- Robin Price, Chief Executive, Water Resources East
- Simon Cocks, Chair, Water Resources South East
- Andy Fraser, Deputy Director of Water and Flood. Welsh Government
- Rick Hogeboom, Executive Director, Water Footprint Network
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the 2020 Waterwise Conference, which will be held at De Vere Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2SW. Book now as it’s first come first served.
We are excited to announce that Anglian Water is our headline sponsor this year.
‘Anglian Water serves the largest, driest water company region in England and Wales, receiving only two-thirds of UK average annual rainfall and has one of the fastest rates of new housing growth. In 2019 became the largest public interest company in the UK by changing our Articles of Association to formally enshrine the public interest within the constitutional make up of the business.’
Established for over 130 years Methven is a global manufacturer of beautifully designed, innovative and award winning showers, taps and valves. Methven hold three of six worldwide patents for showering technology and are committed to conserving energy and water.
Sponsoring the Waterwise Conference is not only an opportunity to position yourself as an organisation which values water efficiency, benefit from large-scale positive publicity and learn of the latest tech developments and innovation in water, but it is also a unique opportunity to directly connect with major organisations and legislators in the UK water sector. For more information on sponsorship and available packages contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- You will need to print your tickets and bring them with you on the day
- Each ticket is valid for the name holder only for 17th and 18th March 2020
- Tickets are non transferable and non refundable
- One ticket is valid for one person only
Cloackroom, luggage storage, WiFi and more services will be available on site. Please email email@example.com with any venue-related questions.
De Vere Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2SW